kudude
slow up hills

Bikes: Giant TCR, Redline CX, Ritchey Breakaway, Spec S-works epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indygreg
I have two bikes from them, one at $1500 (road bike) and one at $1400 (MTB). I clearly have confidence in them to spend that kind of money. I LOVE both my bikes and you cannot touch their spec level for anything near their price point.
There are some haters out there, but most of them have no experience with them. They hate the website and advertising style (over the top circus like) and many just think that buying a bike on-line is the same as killing puppies.

Here on the MTB forum, BD is treated very fairly. Some love them (me) many respect them and consider them an option, and some dislike them. But most conversations are very civil.
On the road forum . . . watch out. BD threads are why I stopped going there and will not be back.
You're not kidding. The road forum is a scary and dangerous place at times.
I know 2 guys who raced on the road w/ Motobecane's this collegiate season. Good bikes.
I know pcad likes his........
I've never actually heard of anyone who bought one who didn't like it. (ok, not true, there are a few well-documented cases that won't shut up on the road forum, but if you ask me their problems weren't a big deal and the chips on their collective shoulders shine through quite well.)
If you know your size and don't take an issue with the name/marketing -- you win.
It's possible the bike you receive will have a slightly different spec than the one you ordered. It'll still work and you should ride it like crazy. If you want an LBS experience, go to an LBS.
Even if you don't like it, you can strip it, sell the frame on ebay and buy a used frame.
You could also powerdercoat the frame, and then no one can tell.