View Single Post
Old 10-20-04, 07:27 PM
cheg

Bikes: 2020 Thompson Randonneur, 2008 Davidson Custom Titanium, 2012 Custom Seven Steel Tandem, 1981 Shogun Touring Bike, 1974 Raleigh International

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
>Basically, two questions:

>What type of eyewear do you wear while riding?
Adidas Evil Eye Pro w/ Rx insert

>and,
> What are some arguements for/against expensive glasses?[/QUOTE]

They are designed with vents to reduce fogging on the inside without the wind blowing in your eyes. I have three sets of lenses; clear, yellow, and "LST Trail Gold" (a sort of mirrored bronze). I ride to work in the dark and come home in daylight so I change the lenses at least twice a day. The yellow lenses are great in rain and fog but clear is better in the dark because car headlights make it hard to see the ground otherwise. The interchangable lenses are not unique but they are very easy to change and I don't worry about breaking anything when I change them. There are about 10 colors of lenses available. The nose pads and ear pieces have an adjustable angle so you can vary the position of the glasses. Maybe any interchangeble lense glasses would be as good but I like the way these fit and look and they seem like they will last a long time.