Old 06-09-08, 01:25 PM
nbac23
I carry one spare tire.

Bikes: 96 Gary Fisher Montare, 07 Kona Jake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A few days ago I had my first words with a motorist...actually, the passenger.

I was riding on a 4 lane road during the day in Baltimore. I was on the right side of the right lane going in my direction (no shoulder) and it was a BIKE LANE!!!!! I was riding along and about 25 yards before a stop light (that was red) a hear a honk from behind me. I took a quick glance and saw the car and wondered what the problem was. They did not attempt to pass me. At the light I drifted to the middle of the lane and looked at them for a few seconds, then got off my bike and went to the shoulder by the passenger. They rolled down their window and I said "are you guys alright?" and he said "yeah" and I said "good" and walked away. As I was walking away he started telling me that I was in the way.

Normally, I wouldnt think much of it, but I certainly was not in the middle of the lane and there is lots of space to pass me AND this was all while I was in a BIKE LANE on one of the major east/west bike lanes in the city! I just dont get people....

The best part was when the light turned green, there was a car stuck in traffic in the intersection trying to cross the road. This held up the car that honked at me while I zipped through. I just turned around and laughed.......

I hear about people getting hit or brushed while on their bike. I try to be as safe as I can, but I do worry about saying things to others. Road rage is a crazy thing..........