View Single Post
Old 06-10-08, 10:02 PM
JesPiddlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad
Umm, I know this is the 'bent forum, but I think that you would probably be better off with a pair of Xtracycles. I can't think of anywhere but Cherry St. or possibly Brookside that a Rhodes Car wouldn't become a hinderance to the flow of traffic. (Besides, it would be way cool if somebody around here actually had an Xtra or Big Dummy...)
Thanks for your reply. I have different needs than normal, which fit a quad much more than a bike or trike and visibility is a big issue for me, as well as having a 2nd person to pedal, when I can't.

I prefer the looks and style of the Cozy Cycle (ultimate-quadracycle), but I can't reach the company and wouldn't be able to carry a lot of groceries or a load of wood in it as easily, anyway.

BTW, I avoid Cherry St. and Brookside if I'm in a car and wouldn't DARE go there on a bike, trike or quad. That part of town gives me anxiety attacks to drive around. I'm way east of there, closer to the Verdigris. We're gonna be on country roads much of the time.

We need some quads in the area, anyway. The Tulsa area needs to realize they need bicycle lanes when they rebuild these roads, because we're about to have a LOT more folks on bikes, if the gasoline prices keep going up. I would think having a lot of quads in town would help encourage those considerations. There is also the argument of the cardio health issues a set of pedalling wheels offer, as well as fresher air, due to less exhaust fumes on the road. Sorry. That's another conversation, entirely. Have soap box, will travel.