Old 10-22-04, 07:00 AM
boyze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
If I do 18 miles up and down hills, and you do 18 miles on the flats, are they the same 18 miles?

If I do 18 miles at 10,000 feet and you do yours at sea level, are they the same?

If I do 18 miles in heavy winds and you do yours when it is calm, are they the same?

If I do 18 miles at an average speed of 20 mph, and you do yours at an average 12 mph, are they the same?

There is no way to get "comparability" between different persons reported mileage. It is silly to try. So, keep track of what you would like to keep track of for your own training purposes, in whatever manner you might like!
Right on. Let me add

If I do 18 miles on my knobbies and you do yours on slicks, are they same

If I do 18 miles on my 25#, panniered loaded touring bike and you do yours on a 15# carbon fiber racer, are they the same

If I do 18 hilly miles on my 42/16 geared fixie and you do yours on a 53/42 front and 23/11 rear, are they the same

If I do 18 miles playing stoker for my wife on the tandy and you do yours on the single stem, are they the same

If I do 18 miles after gorging down a number 3 burrito combo with 3 corona chasers and you do yours on power bars and gatorade, are they the same

If I do 18 miles in billy bob ravine with darrell and his brother darrell chasing me down with whiskey and a gleam in their eyes and you do yours on the burbville bike trail, are they the same

Miles is not miles