View Single Post
Old 06-12-08, 12:23 PM
MyPC8MyBrain
Shut Up and Ride

Bikes: Cannondale t-700 [commuter], Cannondale MT-800 [Tandem so the Lil Misses can keep up], GT I drive Team [My tricked out Racer MTB]

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree that there seems to be some anti electric bike sentiment in the cycling community. I think it's because it's so easy to pump off a spandex laden roadie while bombing past on a electric clunker with 2.5" balloon tires wearing jeans and a work shirt. They paid a bazillion dollars for that bike.. how dare you pass them

I ride an electric bike for commuting, mountain bike on the trails, and pump down a ton a miles on the road bike. Every bike has their purpose.

The electric gets commuting duty because I got tired of showering and changing several times every day. It goes faster, doesn't pollute, gets me there for $.10 a day, and can be ridden in my dockers and work shirt. It's a recycled MTB from my stable so it goes anywhere an un powered bike can go and you can't really tell it's electric.

There is also sentiment that if you ride an electric you will suddenly become obese, develop type 2 diabetes and become a couch potato from lack of exercise. I'm riding 435 miles with 23,500 ft of climbing next week. I think that should dispell that mistruth.

Can't we all just ride our bikes and get along ?
Sheesh...