Old 06-12-08, 08:32 PM
will dehne

Bikes: Trek 7700, C'dale R2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedlever
Looks like another vote for liners. On the plus side, I am not overweight (well, not much!) in the upper 160 lb range and 69 1/2 inches tall.

While I don't do much hiking, I do walk the dog for a couple of miles from time to time.

On another note, which Liberator saddle did you use on the FaAST? Gel or plain? I'm thinking about trying another saddle.
I am trying to help. You know that I did 3,000 miles in 25 days? I did not need feet problems. I am 190# with 73" tall. So compared to you I am overweight. The SIDI MTB shoes are better than other shoes I had. I do need these heavy gel insoles or I feel it. SPD cleats. Cross training is a good thing you know that. Now doing cross training is another story.

I train all the time at 95 RPM and 18 MPH on the flats. HR goes up there but feet are not the issue. I recommend to go with RPM to the 90's from the 80's you are reporting.

The saddle is Terry Liberator Gelissimo. I now have it on three bikes and often go without padded shorts.
Padded shorts give me rash. I suspect it is improper washing in the sink. Using non padded shorts solved the problem along with Antibacterial cream.
Long story short: That saddle is great.