Old 06-12-08, 10:06 PM
dudeona3V

Bikes: '69 Raleigh DL-1, '72 Paramount, '75 Eisentraut, '80 A-D Vent Noir II, '82 A-D Inter 10, '83 Motobecane Grand Touring, '83 Stumpjumper, '84 Masi GC, '87 Recherche, '87 Tesch 101, '88 Tesch S-22, '88 Davidson...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just picked this one up last week: 1986 Ital Sport. Original owner claims less than 80 miles. After going through it in detail, it's the truth. There are some chips in the paint from being stored in the back of a garage, but the cleanup was minimal. The Benotto tape was a bit tatty so that's been replaced with Fi'z:k, as were the Campy gum hoods that I pulled for a different project. They were replaced with black Modolos that I think work much better for this bike. The ride is superb, the full Triomphe components look and work beautifully (or perhaps they're part Triomphe/part Victory; I can never tell except for the Triomphe levers). Even the original tires show no wear whatsoever. I'll admit, I bought it cheap and intended to part it out. But now I'm in love with it even though it's too small for me. Not sure what to do with it now, but it deserves to be kept whole, dontcha think?