Old 06-18-08, 11:35 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tony (Michigan)
Sorry to keep dragging this through the mud. I spoke with the guy that measured me. He told me the bike I now have fits me very well. He said it is just not meant to be a road bike. It is more of a comfort style. If I were getting an actual road bike then a 58 would be what I would want. He said whether by hapinstance or whatever, my current new bike fits me well and I should be comfortable doing centuries.
You may indeed be comfortable doing centuries on it. However, as much as I hate to say it, the Poprad's design is not a comfort style bike. He is either lying or misinformed.

Take a look at this bike:
http://www.lemondbikes.com/bikes/cross/poprad.php

The head tube is low, the top tube is horizontal. There is no "comfort style" aspect to it, outside of it having a bit of an upturned stem.

FWIW: Last year I test rode a few LeMonds. Two different Trek dealerships told me that my best fit on a Lemond was a 53cm bike. I'm 5' 7.5", my inseam is only 28.25", and my Rivendell pubic bone height is 75.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post