x136 
phony collective progress

Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SesameCrunch
Re: clicking bottom bracket - Have you tried to tighten it? Sounds like the sound of aluminum rubbing against aluminum? I get that all the time...
It probably needs tightening, but my bottom bracket tool is a hammer and a small screwdriver, so there's only so much I can do in that respect. Once I buy the proper tool, I'll take it all apart, regrease it, and put it back together, and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by SesameCrunch
If you need any help on the Mini, let me know. I've put a stem on mine to give me adequate cockpit reach, a special rear suspension mod to eliminate pogo-ing, and fortified the seatpost to give me more extension beyond the minimum insertion line. Also, I have Big Apple tires and I really like them. All are cheap (except the Big Apples) and easy mods to provide riding comfort. Only other thing I would consider now is the change the cranks for longer ones, so I don't have to spin so fast.... Here she is on a recent trip to Oregon:
It definitely needs a longer stem, at the least, though I'm thinking of trying to fit it with bullhorn bars on top of that (with an adjustable stem to facilitate folding). Clipless pedals, a better saddle, and better tires are also at the top of the list. As for the suspension, I'm thinking of fitting a dowel where the rubber is, and blocking off the suspension entirely, but we'll see about that.