View Single Post
Old 06-23-08, 02:03 AM
chingon77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SqueakyOnion
Biolife is a company that accepts "donations" of blood plasma. They have donation centers all over the country. They also "compensate you for your time", $20 per donation (usually under 1.5 hours), and an extra $10 if you donate twice (the max allowed) in one week, totaling $50 per week if you donate twice, about 3 hours time total.

There's a donation center by UNT's campus in Denton, TX. I "donate" blood plasma usually twice a week. To me, it seems like an easy $200 a month! I get around campus on my 29er unicycle, including going to Biolife. I don't usually ride distances directly after donating, but don't really have any problems provided I hydrate well the night before donating. The most I rode after donating was 10 miles on my unicycle later that afternoon, and I didn't really feel any different, maybe a little more thirsty.

Some people just don't react well to donating plasma or blood. A good friend of mine tried it, and she kept passing out and tweaking out

NOTE: I do actually bicycle, too. I usually just bike on weekends, though am going to try commuting to campus this next semester. Riding the uni around campus is more fun than a bike
$20 for a donation huh. This makes me wonder how much those con artist at the red cross charge for a pint of the free blood they have.