Thread: Hey Guys!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-08, 09:25 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Shubox
Well its been a while since I checked in here. Last February I had my shoulder operated on, I was going crazy not being able to do things so I started riding a stationary bicycle after therapy. That grew into me buying a new Trek mountain bike in June. From March of 2007 to August of 2007 I lost around 60 lbs just from riding my bike. Went on the Tri-State tour (Hammond, In - Kenosha, Wi) here in Chicago (hi Scummer) I did not make it all the way due to my armadillo front tire popping 3 inner tubes.

Was going strong until I found out I had to have another surgery. I pretty much gave up on everything in August after my 2nd shoulder surgery. When I awoke after surgery the pain was so intense I was screaming in agony the nurse had to give me morphine in my I.V. I am trying to make excuses but that was the start of my down fall. It started feeling better after a few weeks of therapy. So I took the bike out, Ouch the pain was killing me.

I laid off the winter and got really lazy, gained all my weight back and am just now at the end of June figuring out that I need to get back on my bike. This board always gave me inspiration hopefully this post will give me some ooomph to get out there and do it tomorrow.
Welcome back. It's like learning to ride a bicycle, you're never forgotten!