Chief&Champ
apollo

Bikes: 1977 Peugeot UO-8?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1977 Peugeot ID help?

Hi guys, I'm new to these forums and I've got an inquiry for you (good start).

I've recently purchased a vintage Peugeot off CL, mainly to be used as a beater for commuting around town quickly and efficiently. I've identified the year to be 1977, as the frame's serial number is Y705 etc., and perhaps more simply because it is written "Made in France 1977" on the seatpost. I've looked on numerous vintage Peugeot sites but I still can't seem to identify the model. From what I've read it is most likely the common UO-8, but there are a few dissimilarities between the 1977 Canadian catalog's UO-8 and my bike. The headbadge and decals also seem to be a bit off.

My rear derailleur seems to be jimmied (technical term) aswell, I can switch from gear to gear but once I've let go of the tension on the shift paddle it just reverts back to the original position (smallest sprocket). It's not an imminent fix as I'm on the smallest sprocket up front, so its perfect as long as i'm on flat ground. I'm wondering if this is a simple adjustment or not (simplex derailleur, if that helps).

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks