Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
New Job, New Riders!

This is cool. I left a great paying job about a year ago, got tired of nites after 3 years. I got other jobs, pay was ok but just seemed Blah! So I see something on hotjobs a few weeks ago. I apply in person as I have good luck but figure no chance against all the fancy resumes online. Gina says ask for more money, so I put down a request for %20 more than what I'm making. Holy jeepers they called. I show up in nice duds and a tie. Interview is only 10 minutes so I figure the guy is blowing me off. I get a call about a week later for a second interview with the QC engineer. We talk about 5 minutes and I'm out the door again. Maybe I sucked but I tried.

I get a call the next day for a physical and a drugtest. No way will I fail, most I consume is half a beer every two years!. They call back a few days later and offer the job and money! yeehaw, back in the money. Best thing is it's pretty technical and I will be earning even more than I already know. Company is sweet, good benes and all. Plus increases are available. On the day I start the QE dude says he knows Daddy Beanz, Hunh? "Your daddy did me favor long ago the helped with my career, you have a good family, welcome to the company!" he says.

So now I got a cool job, back in the money and still on days. Time to spend with the aging parents and growing grankids! SO I'm happy cause the money is back to normal and I get to spend every day/evening with the wife again.

So today I ask the QC dude if he rides cause he's got good calves. He says yes and that he has done a couple of centuries. We talk more then I tell him about the big mtn centuries andthe 23 I did in 05. His eyes just about bulge out of his head. We talk more then I mention I build my own wheels too. He's really interested in my stories and he's a clyde too. He says we need to talk somemore and maybe I'm the guy he needs to motivate him back on the bike.

Then another guy tells me the super is also a rider. A clyde that has dropped plenty of wait while riding. Haven't met him cause he's on vacation, but looks like I got some riding to do!

Side note: Now that I know the guys understand good bikes, they'll let me park my bikes in the lab!