View Single Post
Old 06-27-08, 11:41 AM
DaRocketeer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 22, 6'2" 265lbs. so I'm basically in the same boat. It sounds like you already have breakfast under control, but lunch and dinner is a different story.

For lunch I usually just cook up 5 pieces of chicken on Sunday night and have that for lunch all week. Change it up every day and have the chicken with rice one day and a salad the next, maybe a whole wheat tortilla or whole wheat pasta, just watch the portion sizes. Switching to whole wheat is probably the easiest change to make and one of the healthiest. One very helpful thing I found out is that you want lunch to be your biggest meal of the day, making dinner the biggest meal is just a waste.

As for snacks, WalMart has a 100 calorie granola bar that is very tasty plus its cheap. Dont forget about fruit either.

The best advice I can give you is don't think of this as a diet. As corny as it may sound, it has to be a lifestyle change. Nobody wants to do a diet, so if you think of it as your just not eating sh*t anymore, instead of a diet, it really does have a beneficial effect.