View Single Post
Old 06-27-08, 09:09 PM
sevenspeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IRC Redstorm tire mounting impossible?

Hi, I've got a set of the Redstorm Street from PP and aside from weighing 230-245g instead of 205g and no clue about the tire (the IRC website has no such model,) I might as well put them on for awhile. Anyway, is there any tricks to mounting? There is like a foot of tire left to put on (maybe they are undersized?) I was trying to use plastic tire levers to do it but can't figure out the technique and if I do make progress it slides off the other end even when holding my feet.

I'm about at my wits end here. I can pull a car motor out and put it back in (the harder part,) but I can put a bike tire on. I had no problem with the original tires but they weren't foldable (very old and needed new tube.) I may have to take it to the LBS and see how much they will charge or break down and buy tires there. The cheapest one had bad reviews and I wanted Kevlar which it's not. Would rather not spend more then $20 each as I just got into biking again and spent way too much last month and this month. The rims are Araya