gpsblake
Walmart bike rider

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Hit & run driver without license got only six months jail

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/lo...rticleid=81450

A driver who fatally struck a bicyclist and escaped arrest for nearly three years violated his probation by getting behind the wheel this summer, just weeks after his release from jail.

...further....

Nicholson, who was held at the Worcester House of Correction on $25,000 cash bail, pleaded guilty on May 27 to leaving the scene of an accident, personal injury or death resulting and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. A motor vehicle homicide charge was dismissed. Sentenced to two years in the House of Correction, with six months to be served and the balance suspended, Nicholson was released shortly afterward and banned from driving.

--my comment--

Reading article after article like this, I see why idiots leave the scene after killing bicyclist knowing they aren't going to get much prison time. This guy hid for 3 years!!!! Only got 6 months!! I think any hit and run that results in death should be automatic 2nd degree murder with 20 years minimum. So many hit and run stories involving bicyclist getting killed. Sad.