Old 06-28-08, 07:46 PM
Donegal
Road Nazi Hunter

Bikes: Kuota Kredo, Litespeed Vortex, Aegis Victory, Burley Tandem, Cannondale Rush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Six Gap

I ride the North GA area. I am not a good climber, heavier, better on the flats and rollers. I will be doing the ride this year if I am healthy. Ride the gaps a few times and you will be prepared as well as possible. The gaps are as challenging as any ride in GA. While up there, try Brasstown. Depending upon how hard you are going, you will probably be sitting down to dinner and a beer well before I finish. I have done both sets of 3 gaps, but never the six for the ride. Last year was the first time I was going to ride and I was on Hogpen Wednesday before the race and folded. It was unlike anything I ever felt before. It turns out that the Doc thought I had Epstein Barr, I missed the ride. I was as weak as a kitten. Took 3-4 Months to shake. I bounced off it again this year but intend to ride in Dahlonega. I am currently starting over my winter base miles and hope to be in tune before the ride. Good luck, save a spot for me at the finish.

P.S. The back side of Hogpen allows for speeds questionable for the sane. I got on the brakes at about 50 mph, just to preserve what little dignity I had left.