Old 06-29-08, 12:56 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tomdaniels
My trike was ready on Friday (upgrade from Large to XL) so I went to the "not so LBS" to pick it up. I rode it around campus on Friday and had a blast except for one big no no! Having a foot slip off can be dangerous. If it hits the ground, you can run over your own leg. It happened to me, but I managed to lift my leg before it was sucked under the frame--mild sprain that didn't keep me off of it yesterday.

2 7 or so mile rides later, and I can report: It's damn fun! It handles well, but I can tell that it's not hard to imagine flipping it at speed. Body english is important in high speed turns.

Speed is still tough to judge, the PlanetBike 8.0 computer is going totally erratic on me. I've aligned the magnet to one of the sensor heads, adjusted the distance to magnet, pulled out hair, etc. When I get over 16 mph, the readings will start to oscillate to a low speed, then a high speed, and all over the place. Of course, it's a 35 mile drive to the trike bike shop, and I'm just trying to work it out myself.

Any tips?
Okay it's a wired computer. so it's not RFI, check the wheel size setting, this could be wrong, and it's not getting the right info. It might also be that the magnet is at the outside of the trigger range, so sometimes it catches and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes even a new computer has a battery at the end of it's life. Lots of stuff can affect the battery, heat and cold, where it sits on the shelf, the unit at the front tends to get activated often, if the shop doesn't sell many of these units, that unit could have a flat battery. Heck much of this stuff comes from China, and the 3 month ocean voyage means the battery is already old.