Old 06-30-08, 08:57 AM
mconlonx 
Str*t*gic *quivoc*tor

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7068 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by mandovoodoo View Post
I ride "The Dragon" - US 129 through the Great Smokies. Lots of police presence, 35 mph limit on most of it. No matter what I do, they ignore me. They'll pull over a moto for complete nothing, but don't care about excess speed, reckless driving, ignoring road markings, and general disregard for authority from cyclists. Funny! They don't even yell out my speed, which would be fun since I don't have a speedometer. I know I go faster than 35.
You are insane to be riding The Gap. Too many yahoos out there on motorcycles doing too many dangerous moves on that particular road, with no regard for the law. Not to mention tractor trailers that take up both lanes through blind turns when they make the mistake of attempting that stretch of road. Scary stuff. Has Law Enforcement been cracking down on motorcyclists out there lately? Because the few times I've been through there, LEO presence was non-existent. There's pictures in the store on the southern side showing cop cars down ravines from trying to catch moto scofflaws...

That said, I bet it's a total blast going through all those corners on a bicycle.