Old 07-01-08, 04:17 PM
wheels53

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tekknoschtev
There are different levels of buyers remorse, and it also depends on what I'm buying. I try to research the hell out of my potential purchases before making them but when searching for a used bike, I've had to make compromises. I did feel a bit upset that I wasn't up to snuff on the levels of component groups when I found out those on my "new" bike were the lowest-end components but, then I look at it this way - the lowest end components on this bike are so much better than the components on my old bike that I come out ahead either way. And to that end, I doubt I would notice the difference between the low end awesome components and the high end awesome components so it worked out.

Just get out there and ride. Unless the bike is a poor fit, you'll get over it in short order. There will almost always be something better, something more desirable, something flashier but the way I look at it is that this is the best, most desirable flashiest thing I could afford and dangit I'm going to enjoy it!
That's what I think I might have. I was told I'm a large bike frame by my very reputable bike store, however I haven't been feeling super comfortable on my bike and now I'm wondering what the medium bike is like. don't think I did enough research and I didn't discover the bike forums until after I bought the bike and road it a few times.