scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dminor
never - - Not sure what the specs are. Can't seem to find them anywhere any more - - just old enough I guess. '05 Moto head angle was 67º with a 13.7 BB height.

scrub - - Rear is 6½ - 7" (?) if I recall right. There is another lower shock mount hole (in the swing-link) that should shorten travel/slacken it back some. That will probably be my first move since I'm not looking to squeeze all the travel I can out of this one.

Not sure if I could convert the longer one. Some of the extra weight, besides springs, is the fact that it uses chromoly stanchions rather than than 7050 alloy ones; so internal diameters could be very different. I think I'll keep the air model coming and try it; if it's too twitchy I guess I'll just have to have 'em send the longer one.

Cane Creek makes a version of the S3 headset with a 5mm taller than normal lower cup set. And Ventana makes a 7mm tall crown race that fits King headsets. I've successfully combined that with the S3 +5 lower cup to get a net 12mm increase to lower stack height in the past. Something like that might work for you.

Otherwise, yeah, stick the shock in the other spot to slacken things. Run lotsa' sag in the back. 24" rear wheel. Nice tall profile tire up front to help as well. Don't forget to run the 3" Gazzi with that 24" rear wheel, eh?

Good luck/have fun/post pics!

Last edited by scrublover; 07-02-08 at 01:36 AM.