Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfomenko
And do you read the article fully?

1. "The incident happened at 9:55 a.m. when Howard was stopped in the bike lane headed east on Overland Road at the Eagle Road intersection waiting for the red light to change, according to eyewitness accounts and the police investigation."

2. "Witnesses told police they did not see Janzen talking on a cell phone prior to the accident, Stoy said."

Translation: 1. Her velocity was zero in BROAD DAYLIGHT. 2. The driver likely was on the cell phone.

Now a quote from my previous post on June 30:

"I bought Dinotte to be used as a day running light where the SuperFlash is pretty much useless. And as such, Dinotte really "shines". The cars give me much more room than before which means less probability for accidents. And if it only saves my butt ONCE from being rammed from behind, it'll be $100 VERY well spent"

and this one about the Fenex:

"Yes, they are great light indeed. Mine is directed toward wherever I look. Usually towards those pesky cars pulling out of the driveways or the drivers with CELLPHONES & especially women doing both while applying their makeup."

I can't count how many times I "woke up" the drivers from the on-coming traffic that were talking on the phone or applying makeup or just not paying attention & unwittingly trying to run me off the road. And it's a fact that my Dinotte tail light does the same job protecting my rear.

The epilogue: I agree like the majority of people that you do not need this light for the type of riding you do. I do not use mine for that type of riding either. And if you do not understand that Dinotte is a serious light for serious people doing a lot of highway riding in the daylight in particular (just like the people on the photos above), then I am sorry. On the other hand since you never used one, your opinion on it is pretty much useless. End of story.
Why yes, I did fully read the story. The woman lost control of her car and hit and killed a cyclist. A very sad happening, but not one that a super bright tail light would have avoided. She lost control of her car, it's not like she just didn't see the cyclist. Are you a driver as well?

Um, why would you think she was on her mobile when we have witnesses stating that they didn't see her on her mobile? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, there is no evidence that only a DiNotte light will get the attention of drivers. My Cateye seems to do the job just fine.

I get the attention of drivers all the time with my helmet mounted Fenix, I just don't try and blind them out of my own fears. Remember, my beef with the Dinotte is the people who state that they wish to shine it in drivers eyes to blind them, not the light per se.

Last edited by Cyclist0383; 07-02-08 at 09:59 PM.