View Single Post
Old 10-29-04, 12:10 PM
Cycliste

Bikes: Surley LHT, Cannondale R1000, IBEX Ignition, Bianchi Boardwalk, KHS Milano Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There was something about cyclists that to me that did not equate with the general behavior automobilists shared with each other on the road, I found drivers usually courtuous and not agressive at all, at least in rural areas, a true reflection of the way people lived with each other.
The people of Ireland would turn for the best the most fearful individual about any hope in humanity..
I have more stories than this thread could contain, among the best: One evening, my car broke down, this guy picked me up on the side of the road (unthinkable over here) and not only gave me a ride to the nearest town (I think it was Mullingar), but knocked the door to a local mechanic (at ~ 8 pm), got me a replacement belt, insisted on paying for it, drove me back to my car and helped me replacing the part, had a great chat about one another's country, when I asked "how can I thank you ?", "next time you see me on the side of the road, give me a ride" he replied.