Old 07-04-08, 08:57 AM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gbarchus
I've read Sheldon but only have the experience of riding on a 16 tooth cog. I would like to know from those who have ridden on these what their experience is. How do they differ?

...also, one tooth up or down on the chain ring? I'm riding 45/16 now and have heard it better to run same (odd/even) number front and back. So, do I go 46/16 or 45/15. From the charts I can see the difference. But, one way is cheaper than the other. Why pay for a mistake when there's so much experience here.

What's your feeling?

Gale
Changing the freewheel size by one tooth has a bigger impact than changing the chainring.

On my Peugeot singlespeed I've run a range of gears but found a sweet spot at 42/16. But it depends on what your using the bike for, your conditioning, equipment and the conditions your riding in.

In general you can't go wrong between 65-70 gear inches
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.