photonick
Banned

Bikes: not enough

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally got back on the bike!

Today I finally spent more than an hour on the bike, I rode for 2 hours, nothing special I know. I haven't ridden for more than an hour since the end of April. In fact I don't think I've ridden more than a 150 miles since April due to a knee injury, and then a bout of benign positional vertigo that I'm still battling, I tried to HTFU but no luck. Only thing that kept me motivated was youtube videos and this forum.

Man I gotta say it was a pretty big ego buster, I wasn't anything special before I stopped but man, now I'm really weak. I was crawling up hills I used to sprint up, I almost turned back but I made it. My hands were going numb, my seat caused my inner thighs to cramp up then my little terrorist went totally numb which has never happened before.

I'm totally back to where I was at the beginning of 08 when I started riding, but I couldn't be happier to be back on the bike. Even though it was painful and kind of depressing at times today, I still had almost every roadie I saw stop and ask if I needed help or at least wave, and not one surly driver. I still don't think I could spend more than 2.5-3 hours on the bike at this point but hey...HTFU and baby steps...at least I'm back.

Hey what happened to that thread that was flaming, me I was looking forward to reading that when I got back from my ride?!