fortega00
Rock'N'Rolla

Bikes: '09 Felt F1SL Team Issue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go BIG or go home?

I'm in the process of purchasing my first bike. I have tough decisions mainly because of cost. I chose my LBS because they are part of the top 100 bike retailers, and because they have three brands they carry. Cannondale, Specialized and Giant. I am 24 and weighed 250lbs., I am now at 230lbs. I wanted to give myself a gift as an incentive to keep working out on a consistent basis. I decided to give myself the bike after losing 20lbs. I plan on using the bike mainly for training and weight loss, and would love to do some long distance charity rides in the future. My question is this, at $850 I have the Giant OCR2, and at $1699 I have the TCR A0. The Giants were suggested to me because of the more relaxed upright feel (All my childhood I had mountain bikes, so I am used to the more upright position.) and after riding the OCR2, I really enjoy the feel of it. Is the TCR A0 going to be so much more worth paying double the price, or should I just stick with the OCR2. I really want something that I won't need to upgrade, and won't need to replace a lot of parts on in the near future. If the difference were $50-$100, it would be no question, but I am essentially looking to pay double the price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.