Old 07-07-08, 06:59 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by schu
I don't know if they still make them but my Reynolds Alta Race have held up pretty well. And if I remember correctly I paid under $300 for them.

They don't make them, but you can find NOS and used on ebay. New ones sell for about $280 plus shipping, probably a little over $300. They are labeled "Reynolds Alta Race" or "Reynolds Aero Comp" - same wheel: same hubs, same rims, same spokes, same weight. Not the same as "Alta Comp". The "Alta Comp" (without the word Aero) is a lower level, heavier, shallower rimmed wheel that sells for quite a bit less.

There's a used pair available on ebay right now (I've been looking in case my front wheel didn't get fixed - see below).

I have a pair I bought a pair through an ebay seller with warranty (checked with Reynolds on that) this spring and have about 400 miles on. Very happy so far, except I damaged the front by .... running over it with the car. One spoke and skewer replaced, trued up just fine, so I think they're fairly strong

The repair was trivial for the LBS: stock spokes, no problem for them to deal with the internal nipples - they told me it was no big deal at all.