View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 11:26 PM
BCRider

Bikes: Norco (2), Miyata, Canondale, Soma, Redline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Out with the old and in with the new....

Looks like this is the year to update my fleet.

A couple of months back I got a Soma cyclocross frame to build up to replace my very faithful but old as dirt early 90's Canondale. It's one of those plodding along builds so it may be a few months yet before I fit it into the schedule.

But on other fronts things are prgressing a little faster.

A little while back I upgraded my old Norco single speed conversion with new long reach double pivot Tektro calipers. Then in a move to get rid of the drops I never used on the drop bars went over to a mustache bar. Life was good. I'm really likeing both the new hand positions as well as a whole new universe of braking power. No longer are the brakes just there for looks... Life was good.....

But along with these upgrades I found a shop that has Redline 925 SS's. Welllllll....... today I was coming back from leaving my non fender capable road bike (that was actually a bit too small a frame size for me anyway) with a local consignment sport shop and thought I'd just drop by the shop to check out that Redline again...... You probably can fill in the rest. OK, so the pictures below pretty much spill the beans.... Yes, I'm weak.....

Anyone want a good deal on a slightly used SS conversion? No, the Brooks stays here. It's just about broken in and it's everything that everyone has said about it. Likely it'll either end up on the 925 or on the Soma Double Cross build.

And the parts box upgrades have already started. Race Face 170 forged cranks with a 44T ring to replace the silver cranks and 42 that came with the bike. It was too spinny and the 44 is just perfect for me. Enough to speed along at around 18 to 20 mph but still climbs hills like a cat after a squirrel. And it helps for my tastes that it's all black rather than silver. Also some Cane Creek levers to replace the black and silver stamped levers. Not sure what else to upgrade. Maybe the shifters...

First the old and then the new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Norco.jpg (41.3 KB, 20 views)
Redline1.jpg (77.8 KB, 126 views)
Redline2.jpg (41.2 KB, 7 views)
Redline3.jpg (26.2 KB, 5 views)