Old 07-09-08, 02:18 PM
wnatw
all up in that shizzle

Bikes: Peugeot, Bianchi, "Mr. T" big-wheel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dudes -- i've been riding a Brooks on my road bike for 3+ years, i tried -- really tried -- to resist posting here but there seem to be some grave misconceptions floating around.

the issue of weight doesn't bother me, nor should it really affect anyone not racing professionally, we're talking about 1/4 lb. differences here. come on.

secondly, the issue of comfort is irrelevant until you've ridden the damn thing for at least 100 miles. the leather is *supposed* to be stiff as ****, that way once it finally conforms to your buttcheeks it will keep that form. there are no specific pressure points at all once you've gotten to this point -- including on your taint nerves. that's true comfort in my opinion. ergo, don't ride a Brooks once or twice (especially if it's modeled on someone else's buttcheeks [unless it's a hot chick's buttcheeks]) and go around talking smack about how they aren't very comfortable.

i never conditioned my Brooks. i've left it in the rain, sun, etc. granted the gloss isn't what it used to be but it isn't like these things will curdle if you don't slather on some overpriced leather conditioner on it. there is simply no "hassle" to speak of.

as for the "fashion" aspects, this is simply a ******** point to be arguing so from here on out everyone who brings it up is a ****** par excellence and should stick to attending Modest Mouse shows instead of riding bikes and getting in my way with your foolishness.

the end.