Old 07-09-08, 10:06 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fred, when my mom first started taking BP medication she complained about the fatigue you talk about. She reduced her dosage and felt better. It's mostly under control now, I believe, after losing all her excess weight and continuing to exercise almost daily.

Type 2 diabetes can be a blessing in disguise. If you have not yet seen a Registered Dietitian, I urge you to do so. An RD can give you an eating plan to help balance your blood sugar and tailor it to your level of daily exercise. It's one of the first steps a newly diagnosed diabetic should take; your doctor should have made this suggestion -- if not, please do it anyway. If you are overweight, dropping that excess weight, adhering to a diabetic exchange food plan, and continuing to exercise can often bring it completely under control. I've seen that result in middle-aged, overweight newly-diagnosed diabetics who said that the diagnosis turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to them.

Don't let yourself get discouraged; these are two diagnoses that can be controlled by lifestyle changes alone, that could lead you to feel better than you have in years.