Old 07-11-08, 05:13 PM
Brian2015AD
ride forever

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Coolest Thing Ever!!! Ever

You're right! It is on the chunky side. I said that too...but it seems to be an exercise in form following function. It looks much better in person. It's especially cool in sunlight. It practically glows!

He mentioned that the design was intended to incite a paradigm shift in terms of manufacturing and design by reducing material costs and the labor associated with frame building. I knew a guy who built metal frames...it's pretty intense. Notching, bending,welding,aligning,etc before you even paint it
i just ride

The prototype is basic and minimalist, but could be designed with automotive surfacing like no bike has before.

He sent me lots of photos in addition to design concepts that are possible using this method as a basis.

I thought it was a good idea too...every concept has to have a starting point I suppose

I don't want to put words into his mouth...
I told him about the site. Maybe he'll join or at least tell more about it...no promises though

Regardless, I'm glad to share- it's good to hear from people...I was hoping someone else saw him yesterday