View Single Post
Old 07-15-08, 06:59 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by PearlJamNoCode
Hi all....

I didn't even know there was a name or category for us 200 pounders until I found this thread! Anyway, I'm 6'1" and about 215, looking to drop to about 190. Just got into cycling, bought one of those Schwinns they sell at Target due to my limited college-student budget, but I plan on taking good care of it and upgrading after I graduate in May 2009. It's tough for me to find places to ride, I live right outside of Philly and I'm not quite comfortable with riding on our congested and hostile streets yet, but anytime I get a free hour or two I go out to Ridley Creek State Park and do the loop there. I always feel great afterwards and I'm looking for more places to ride!
Schuylkill River Trail, running from Monte Clare, Montgomery County, to Philadelphia - 26 miles.
Perkiomen Trail, running from Oaks to Green Lane - 20 miles. Connects to the Schuylkill River Trail at Oaks, giving you 46 miles of riding.

If you don't mind traveling a bit further, many parts of Chester County have low-traffic roads. East and West Vincent and East and West Pikeland Townships, for instance.

PM me if you'd like to meet for a ride.