Old 07-16-08, 05:24 AM
damocles1
The mods changed this...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andre nickatina
Not the 30mm deep one, but the 390g box rim that IRD does, resembling an Open Pro or DT 1.1: http://www.glorycycles.com/irdcanirim.html

Who owns a pair, how many spokes do you have, what do you use them for (training, racing, both), what kind of terrain do you ride, how much do you weigh and how well do they stay true for you?

I'm in the market to replace my Aeroheads, and after building up a IRD Cadence Aero (Deep V style rim) I'm pretty into IRD's stuff. The rim I built was more true out of the box than Velocity stuff, and built up easy with very even tension throughout. Only concern about the regular Cadence is how they'd stand up to bad roads (I'd be building 32h, handbuilt, doublebutted spokes). Other than that I vastly prefer the road feel of box rims over deep V style ones...
I built mine on White Hubs with Sapim CX-Ray spokes. 32hole/3x all the way around. The weigh 1420 grams for the set. They aren't as stiff as some boutique wheels, but they ride damn good. I use them for everything, including our practice crit from time to time. I've trued them once and that was just the touch up about 500 miles after the build.
I recommend them...