chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TSUTexan93
There is a product called DuoDerm that is thicker and more absorbant than TegaDerm. It is designed for people with ulcerlike draining wounds. It is expensive ($30 for 6 sheets) but is designed be put on and kept on for several days. I've used it for deeper road rash and it works nicely. It keeps the wound moist so the fresh new pink skin keeps from cracking while providing a protective bandage. Call around to some medical supply stores to see who carries it. Most generic drug stores do not carry it.
+1 on the Duoderm. It also comes in larger sizes than Tegaderm (I got 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 for my knee recently). I've found them at Drug Mart...usually gotta talk to the Pharmacist, the store folks have no clue and they're not on the shelf. Nice thing is, if they carry it, a lot of times they have opened boxes and will sell them to you individually, if you are a friendly, supermodel-looking type, like me.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

Last edited by chipcom; 07-16-08 at 11:17 AM.