View Single Post
Old 07-17-08, 12:13 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
On Holiday this week so the TDF is taking up part of my day. Normally in previous years by now I could pick out the stage and eventual winners. This year I can't. I think this is down to the drug control that has taken place. I know 3 have been banned for a new form of EPO- but that has been found with the stringent drug test's that are taking place. Other than Ricco- who found a sudden turn of speed on one of the stages in comparison to all the other competitors- There has been not one single rider that stands out as a "Winner". And Ricco is one of the banned.

So I don't think that ASO or UCI are going to be winners in the cycling world. What is going to be a winner is Cycling in general.

And Talking of Winners--- Mark Cavendish. 3 stage wins and a possible 4th tomorrow. AND if he makes it to the end- Possibly at the Champs Elise. And Drugs for Him? Hopefully it is no stronger than Earl Grey Tea and Chocolate Digestives.

Attachment is of Mark at the tour of Britain last year when he won the prologue Time trial
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cavendish.jpg (34.0 KB, 4 views)

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 07-17-08 at 12:43 PM.