Old 07-18-08, 08:06 AM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alathea
Im a new commuter, a few weeks in. I drive 1/2 way, and ride the other half, about 5 miles one way. It is scenic, sure, but really, Lincoln isn't laid out that badly that taking one over the other will take any longer. Maybe we are just lucky. Bdinger can vouch for more than I can, he's on them or on the street every day. I havent seen any of the stuff he has yet, and I haven't seen any of the dog walkers and roadies-but im sure I will as I progress.
It will probably take a while, because honestly, the VAST majority of the folks on our path (the RI at least, others in town are not so good) are very considerate. I think my face muscles get sore from smiling back and returning a "good morning" by the time I get to work.. hah .

The only times I run into problems, it seems is on the return trip after 5pm, and south of Highway 2 (even if by inches south). The roadie group I refer to is out on Wednesdays, usally between 5 and 5:30. Don't worry if you see a group sitting after 5:30 at the 27th benches, that's Team FIRE, and they're a great group.