Old 07-19-08, 10:54 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Missbumble
Hey Ok Ride 16 - I joined a group in Roswell, GA for a 7:30 AM ride. I had a map - so figured when they dropped me I would find my way. They also said there's be cure sheets. Well no cue sheets, a few bridges were out - so we were off on a new route to the old route. In any case - I was a bit nervous (after Ride 15 and the fall in front of a car.) But I was prepared.... cautious. I would be sure and have one foot clipped in at all stops. I would not try to zoom off as I tried to clip my foot in. I could do it!

Ok - off we went. Well... I lost the gorup on the first hill... No biggie...could see the last straggler for some key turns...then lost them but figured out they must have gone along the river...did that - looked at the map. Anyway - Lots of Hills..but I was fine. Lots of traffic, but I was fine. At one point I ended up on a major traffic roaad - Holcolm Bridge - but I was fine.

Anyway It was a short ride since I got lost... About an hour and 11.5 miles.. I left the leaader a note on his car to say I made it back so they would not wonder where I went and then headed out.

So I am not sure I love riding in the city. Tomorrow I am off to the rural roads..farm country to ride rolling hills. Shoud be calmer..Harder, but calmer.

So my question to my noble Clydes....Should I move to a city that has more bike trails and is less trafficky? (Also need a major airport to travel to as well.. Usually my clients are from Texas, Minneapolis and East.) Do you get used to traffic? And some of these rides I am alone - as I am dead last...but I am so happy to be out and to meet cyclists.
Philadelphia, PA. Dedicated bike lanes, extensive trail network in the city and surrounding counties, active bicycle clubs - including BCP with 800 members, signed state bike routes, many bike-friendly parks and historic sites, low-traffic rural roads in Bucks and Chester Counties, and covered bridges. Also there's good riding just outside the 5 county metro area, in Lancaster and Berks Counties.