Jared88
Nightrider

Bikes: Ellsworth , Scott , Giant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullseye
You guys are forgetting something. If a guy is doped up enough that he is _much_ better than the rest of the field, he can put out just a bit more power and accomplish his goals without even working at maximum.

Case in point: Lance Armstrong on Luz Ardiden.

1. Lance crashes
2. Lance gets up and goes like a bat out of hell. Seriously, like twice the speed of some of these guys for a while.
3. Gets ahead of everyone, then keeps a steady, high [doping] pace, but doesn't look like he's about to kill himself over it.

I say most of the dopers hold back most of the time, saving themselves for if they actually have to make themselves hurt [at the top of a mountain or in a time trial].

-bullseye
Actually Lance went all out on Luz Ardiden. He was nervous after the crash and wanted to gain the maximum amount of time on Ullrich and Mayo. Still he only gained 40 seconds.

I think Lance makes a bad example because he always looks not tired. Even at his worst when he bonked in a stage at 2000 he looks ok. I read somewhere that he doesn't show that he's hurtin to demoralize his rivals.