View Single Post
Old 07-23-08, 12:23 AM
biffstephens
Biker looking for a ride!

Bikes: Kuota Kreedo...looking for something different.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I did the Tuesday ride at West End Cycles tonight. Here is my short report...

I am apparently about 8 miles from the shop...I entered the shop address in my Garmin 705 and it gave me turn by turn directions. I was pretty happy following the directions, Houston 5 o'clock traffic is CRAZY....

So I arrived...Waited about 15 min and we were off...I went with the fast group...I am just at the cusp it seems of being fast or slow...I figured I can hang on to anyone with out hills in the way...lol WAS I WRONG...

So we start this route through downtown Houston....I mean we are next to Taxi cabs going 24 mph and in 1/2 a block stop at a stoplight....the whole night was starting and going 26 and then stoping every two miles....OUCH...I was not ready for that....I was there until mile 20 and I was done....I dropped and there were a few other people there so I could find my wayback....The ride back after that was great...lol 18 mph and it was through a nice area of town...nice to look at...

The people on the ride were nice and helpfull when I needed it (unless were talking about me being dropped lol). Thanks to the guys that got me back!!!

I am very glad I went and would go to another in a heart beat...the GPS worked great to get me there and back...it worked prefect in fact. Just what I bought it for.

Thanks to all for the recomendations of places to go. It was very helpful and for sure next time I will go again....

Thanks!!!