View Single Post
Old 07-23-08, 04:25 PM
redal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdraft
For those of you who are still in the dark about Sierra Madre's finest and cycists in general and the Montrose ride in particular. You should be aware that SMPD target cyclists running stop signs. This is a regular Sat. morning occurance due to years and years of the Montrose Ride finishing on Sierra Madre Blvd and Baldwin. This was the contested finish and as such most of the riders would blow thru the stop sign at Mountain Ave. in order to win the Sat. morning World Championships. But after numerous complaints from residents about rude cyclists and running the stop signs, SMPD started a crack down. Efforts have been made to have the contested finish of the ride moved up to Grandview, but fewer and fewer riders are using that finish and use the old one instead. Many of these riders still run the stop sign at Mountain thinking they are vieing for the win (yeah right). So the PD waits for the ride to roll thru and gives tickets to anyone who runs the stop sign. Last week the PD had cars at ALL the stop signs on Seirra Madre Blvd. and got a number of other riders, who might have stopped for the one on Mountain, but still ran the other ones.

Do yourself a favor and save getting a ticket by not running any of the stop signs in Seirra Madre.

that is all
I like both finishes. I think the Grandview finish is better. It's definitely harder. I'm not sure about the short loop, but it seems like most people on the long loop (at least those toward the front), do the Grandview finish. I haven't been the last two weeks, but I have been there pretty regularly the last couple of months and it seems like most people go up to Grandview. There are always a couple that I see turn off. Glad I missed the tickets last week.