Old 07-24-08, 08:03 AM
Sinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andre nickatina
Didn't happen on my Concept.

To the OP I think maybe it just depends on your bike, since you don't think you're going to notice the added stiffness. I'd say go with 75's since it's a Steamroller... if you had an Al frame, I'd say Omniums. 75's really are the "standard" and you can't go wrong with them.

One thing about the Omniums is it gets better with time because at first the bearings have a lot of drag until you get it broken in, like more apparently so then any square taper BB I've had. From what I hear they break in really nice and get super smooth with time though. I can't say I'd know... my Omniums have been ridden for 3 days until I got hit by a swinging trailer and my Concept has been sitting in a basement since waiting for the rims to be rebuilt (see my Concept thread if you want full story).
Nikatina, I must say that your response and your 'signature' make a interesting combo. You either really know what you are talking about or you are a good bullshi**ter! :]

By the way, congrats on your century. That's a real feat. Did you ride your Omniums on that?

The more I think about it, the more the Suginos are the better choice for me because of aesthetic quality. Some may think that this is a stupid reason to go with them, but if, as seems to be the case from our discussion so far, the overall performance values between each are roughly equal for the kind of riding I want to do (cf. opening post), and since I care about how my ride looks, it seems that this should be an important determining factor. Do any of you have pictures of your Surly Steamroller with Sugino 75s or Omniums on there? It seems to me that the Omniums are too burly for a Surly. But a few examples of good looking Steamroller with Omniums may uproot that opinion.