View Single Post
Old 11-05-04, 02:38 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewP
I dont think you should wear a team jersey unless you can give an impression that you could ride with a team. I find T shirts get clammy and uncomfortable, so always wear either a plain cycling jersy or a soccer shirt.
I will agree about wearing the correct Type of cycling top, and and even go so far as to say, do not wear any other type of top. A good quality cycling top is designed to fit you when on the bike. Those pockets on the back are not just a design feature, they are necessary for the small items like hankerchief and wallet, that you can't put anywhere else because you don't have pockets in your proper lycra cycling shorts. The tops are made of a special material that will "Wick" away the body moisture so keeping you dry, when all that effort goes in. On top of that they are a nice bright colour so that you can be seen.

One of the ways you can support your favourite "team", is to look like them. Bloody good advertising for that team, that may also give them some profit in royalties to keep them going. I wonder how many of you have been to a Football match and seen the two opposing teams of supporters all dressed in ordinary clothes. They will be in their teams colours, and I wonder how many of those supporters even know how to kick a Football.

I now want a "Team" top, but Cant find one for the team that I support. That team, The "Has Beans" that was around in the mid 90's