Popeyecahn
Pedo Grande

Bikes: Cervelo C3, Serotta Legend Ti, Vitus 979

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psydotek
Gatorskins. 700x23 with whatever bead i happen to find avaliable. Currently using the wire bead ones. It just takes a little extra grunt to get them on/off. Those Soma Fabrictaions steel core tire levers should come in handy later.
Yup grunt I just do not possess. I'm shy with using levers to get the tire back for obivious reasons.

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
Baby powder / talc really helps with difficult installations.
In theory yes, but with the damn Gatorskins either you have kung fu grip or magic powers, nothing else works. I tried some but I was just not able to complete the task.

So after today's debacle, they're gone. I'm sick of them, they suck. It's bull*****e that one doesn't need in one's life. If the shop won't take them back (they recommended them and did the install and f'd that up...) they'll be up for grabs for someone with magic powers or kung fu grip for cheap. They still have the mold flashing on them...

Bottom line I want to ride my bike, enjoy the view and get back in shape not concern myself with whether or not I can repair a flat. I will consider the folding type of course though...

Last edited by Popeyecahn; 07-25-08 at 09:33 PM. Reason: adjusted for quail...