Old 11-05-04, 03:28 PM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Daily Commute
Murder means intentionally killing someone. There has to be a difference between intentionally killing someone and a tragic accident. The more flagrant the driving violations are, the higher the penalty should be for killing someone by accident. For instance, a drunk driver should get more than a sober person who ran a yellow, someone going 30 mph over the speed limit should get more than someone going 10 mph over the limit. But murder is different.
There was a case that someone got off killing a cyclist cause they didn't see him as he rounded a corner and ran right into him.
Ok, so suppose I really hated someone cause their dog was always crapping in my lawn and we had a pretty heated argument over it. And suppose 2 years later, after a lot of patience and planning, I now know his route and next time he's walking in the street at precisely the right moment I mow him down in my pick up truck while spilling hot coffee on myself. Then I declare that the sun was in my eyes and I spilled my coffee and I get away with it. It might've looked like an accident but it's still murder.