Thread: Aborting a tour
View Single Post
Old 07-28-08, 10:41 AM
Flying and Riding
sam21fire's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 325

Bikes: Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had to make this decision twice; once I came down with a cold that turned into bronchitis while riding through Northern California in November. I had to abort when I realized that I wasn't getting any rest at night, was never warm or dry, and the cough and fever were getting worse. I didn't time to get medications and wait it out so I aborted.

The second time I fell and severely bruised my knee. This was an easier decision because my knee didn't work right and riding wasn't possible.

Short answer, there are a lot of factors involved in the decision, but if you're not having fun with no possibility of fun in sight, or your body won't heal, then I'd give some serious thought to calling it off.

sam21fire is offline