Old 07-28-08, 10:51 PM
Industrial
^_^

Bikes: Cannondale System Six, Specialized FSR-XC, Specialized Langster, Univega Arrow Spot, Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHenry
Makes sense, but many 650B applications are after-market. Also, there is the issue of cost and size. Not everyone wants to sink the amount of money a new purpose-built 650B frameset will cost (although to their credit Kogswell, Bleriot and Rawland are doing a pretty good job of narrowing the price difference with Surly.) With a 26 to 650B, there is the possibility of switching back and forth, depending on the rider or even the planned use. For a daily rider, 650B could be fun; for a serious tour, 26 in might be the better choice. Why not have a choice? I know how custom builders can go on about the frame being fit to the wheel, but where is still room for flexibility, shouldn't one take advantage of that?
I don't understand how a 650B could be funner than a 26 inch wheel. I can barely understand a company choosing to spec a frame for 650B to keep the dimensions right. Why are you going through all this trouble?