Old 07-29-08, 09:02 AM
josephjhaney

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Bad Left turn in front of traffic this morning

I made a bad decision this morning, I was waiting at a light where I usually get the arrow when there is a car behind me. I looked in my mirror and saw a car, right where one always has to be to trip the arrow, so when the light turned green I turned left, right in front of a car. Luckily I was not hit, and the car just blew the horn, so I thought to myself was the arrow on? As I thought of it I realized the left turn arrow was not, kind of how you rewind something and see it on tape, I knew I had only seen the green circle, and not the arrow that is usually below it. This led me to another thought- When an accident between a car and a bicycle is the car's fault, usually the cyclist gets hurt, When an accident between a car and a bicycle is the bicycle's fault, usually the cyclist gets hurt. It's a lose lose situation.

Just wanted to come clean, I'll point out when cars do dangerous things, I was guilty this morning, luckily the person stopped, and it wasn't all that close, but it could have been much much worse.

Be safe, and happy pedaling.

Joe