Old 11-06-04, 09:07 PM
TheOtherGuy
Knows Bigfoot's Momma

Bikes: yeah; got a couple...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still for $850, you can probably find a pretty Casati Gold Line R, which was the top model from the early-mid '80s. Victory stuff came out in '85 and is nice, but not as nice as Record, either Nuovo & Super (getting phased out by then) or C-Record which came out in late '84 or '85 as well (I've got an '84 dated C-Record group, but it may have first sold in '85).

Victory was the # 2 group when it came out, and it lasted for about 2-3 years , I think. The Croce d'Aune group took over as # 2 around '87 (which itself lasted only about 2-3 years, before Chorus took the #2 spot).

Have a look at the Casati scans at:

http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/

I've got another Casati brochure not shown there, that I need to scan & send to Marc so he can add it to those scans. I've got two Casatis from '84 or so, BTW. Both are Gold Line R frames, with Panto bits on 'em. Attached here is the only pic I have of one of 'em, unless you want to email me for others (files are too big). I found the frame & some panto parts NOS at Montrose Cycle in Montrose, CA. Frame was only $400 new, and is Columbus SL.

Last edited by TheOtherGuy; 11-06-04 at 09:13 PM.