View Single Post
Old 07-30-08, 08:26 AM
7daysaweek
Ouch... my knees.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts
My last three bikes have had eggbeaters and I love them. I ride the plain old $50 egg beater c's, not the $400 ti ones and mine have been great. The weight difference is negligible and it isn't worth the money for the upscale ones. The one drawback (and it's potentially a big one) is that they are not adjustable AT ALL. you have two cleat settings for a 15 or 20 degree release angle and THATS IT. to me it's never been an issue but the two pair that I've been using have different tensions and its noticeable. Granted one set is about a year older but the set that's older is the tighter one. I haven't noticed any loosening over the last year though so that says something. Either way, very few issues, they shed mud extremely well, I've been pretty cruddy and never had problems getting in or out and they're relatively small which keeps me from hitting them too much. When they do hit things (rock's, stumps, other riders that get too close, etc...) they just bounce off and keep going.

Highly recommend the eggbeaters and they seem to sell used too so if you don't like em just sell em off and find something else. Good luck!